Extracorporeal Radial Shockwave Therapy

Swiss DolorClast Method

Dolorcast-method.jpeg

"Extracorporeal Radial Shockwave Therapy (ERSWT), using the Swiss DolorClast method, is a non-invasive, safe and effective pain relief treatment that produces high-energy shockwaves and delivers them to the tissue via the surface of the skin. As a result, the therapy activates self healing processes where pain occurs. To put it simply: better blood circulation and formation of new blood vessels results in improved metabolism. This in turn activates cell generation and helps dissolve calcium deposits thus breaking down scar tissue to optimize the healing process of the body."

What are shockwaves? High intensity pressure waves which occur in the atmosphere during explosive events, for example during earthquakes, lightening strikes or when an airplane breaks through the sound barrier.

How does the human body react? When activated the body's c-nerve fibres (responsible for pain) will release a substance called substance P into the tissue and spinal cord. During the process of application, the release of substance P is prolonged for a period of time which contributes to the reduction of pain. As well, will cause a decline in neurogenic inflammation which is responsible for the healing process of the tissue itself. 

More Information: https://www.ems-dolorclast.com/en/dolorclast-method/shock-waves

 

 
 
EMS Swiss DolorClast Smart20_900x504px_01_0.jpg

What to Expect:

Amount 3 to 4 treatment

  • Research studies conducted has shown most effective for injury indications, especially with tendiopathy issues such as plantar facsitiis and lateral epiconydlitis 

Frequency Once per week

  • Recovery period between treatments

Length of treatment 3 minutes per treatment

  • Average of 2000 pulses released
  • Total length is accounted for which efficacy is not affected, if chosen to break up length of treatment 

A Feeling of Slight Discomfort

  • This is due to the period of time which the body's c-nerve fibres releasing substance P
 
b9cc9098ef53b3ee92382b717447ab46.jpg

Treatment Indications:

  • Plantar Fasciitis 
  • Rotator Cuff Tendiopathy
  • Insertional Achilles Tendiopathy
  • Lateral Epicondlyitis aka.Tennis Elbow
  • Low Back Pain
  • Subacromial Pain Syndrome
 

What Does The Research Say?

  • FDA Approved
  • Clinically proven results in the PEDro database found 34/45 randomized studies with the Swiss DolorClast Method
  • Studies have shown efficacy of 80% of studies on patients suffering treatment indications. Remaining 20% showed definicient energy being produced during treatment or patients with iindications not approved for application of Swiss DolorClast Method