High Performance Hockey
At Advantage Conditioning High Performance Hockey, our methods are founded on sport-science, research, and experience. These training methods are recognized worldwide through publications and books, and taught globally to trainers and coaches. This paradigm focuses on developing balance, movement, strength and energetics, to help build bigger, stronger faster and smarter muscles. Our integrated dry land development system is built on training the secondary fitness characteristics that directly transfer to hockey skills and tactics.
What to expect
- Athletes train in small groups (Max 1:6 coach to athlete ratio)
- Active and hands-on coaching style with a high attention to detail
- Specialized nutrition programs
- Programs are personalized and based on each athlete’s needs and goals
- Teach, coach, educate and mentor our athletes
- We create a challenging, motivating and inspiring training environment
- You will enhance your performance, build character, decrease injury
- You may improve your balance, posture, and joint mobility
About our team
“Wanting to become bigger, faster and stronger was something of great interest to me,” says Devon Lyon, who has played a variety of sports over the years, including baseball, soccer, basketball, volleyball, squash, lacrosse, hockey, and track & field. “Finding ways to evolve athletically became a hobby to me.” That hobby turned into a career, and the Advantage Conditioning High Performance Hockey program.
Having worked as the Strength and Conditioning coach for Manitoba Major Junior Hockey League team Fort Gary Twins, with the Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League, Western Hockey League players, and a variety of Manitoba Junior players, Devon is as much an asset to the Advantage team as he is to your hockey team.