Athletic Therapy and Injury Management
Injuries of any type can prevent you from living to your full potential. Our personalized treatments are designed to work for everyone; from the athlete to the office worker, and from the industrial worker to the weekend warrior.
Athletic Therapy is a focused treatment that uses a combination of modern technology and hands-on rehabilitation. Our therapists identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient. You are provided with quality treatment time, education and rehabilitative exercises to help you return to an active and healthy lifestyle more quickly than through the use of other treatment options.
What does Athletic Therapy incorporate?
- Soft Tissue Massage
- Advanced Taping Techniques including KinesioTaping
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Thermo Therapy
- Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Graston Technique (www.grastontechnique.com)
- Functional Movement Screening (www.functionalmovement.com/site/aboutfms)
- Soft Tissue Release (www.softtissuerelease.ca)
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Custom Orthotics
- Mulligan Technique (http://bmulligan.com/)
- Shift Concussion (https://www.shiftconcussion.ca/)
- Extracorporeal Radial Shockwave Therapy - Swiss Dolorclast Method (https://www.ems-dolorclast.com/en/dolorclast-method/radial-eswt)
What can you expect with Advantage Athletic Therapy?
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to complete your assessment form
- 45 minute treatment specifically focused on your injured area
- Personalized and professional service
- Rehabilitative exercises
- Private therapy room
- Direct billing to MPI, WCB, Blue Cross, Greenshields and Great West Life
About our Athletic Therapists
Chelsea White has been with the Advantage team since 2011, having graduated from the University of Winnipeg with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Therapy in 2010 (certified that fall), choosing to continue her education and certifying in Function Movement Screening, Soft Tissue Release, Selective Functional Movement Assessment and most recently The Graston Technique.
Ryan Walkoski joined the Advantage team as a practicum student in 2011 after an injury at the National Boxing Championships. Running fitness classes here helped Ryan fall in love with the personal training and class instruction component of physical wellness, and he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Winnipeg in the summer of 2014, certifying as an athletic therapist in the summer of 2015.